It is part of the Corporació Catalana de Mitjans Audiovisuals, a public corporation created by the Generalitat de Catalunya by a Founding Act in 1983. Slightly more than half of its revenue (52%) comes from public funding through the Generalitat de Catalunya, while the remaining 48% is raised through advertising, sponsorship, and merchandise and original productions' sales.
It is officially composed of six channels: TV3, TV3 HD, 33/Super3, 3/24, Esport 3, and TV3CAT.
While the main language of all these channels is Catalan, Spanish is usually neither sub-titled nor dubbed, as it is generally accepted that all Catalan speakers are by default also Spanish speakers. Some programs such as Polònia and APM use Spanish extensively, largely for effect. In the Aran Valley, there are programs in Aranese.
TVC headquarters are located in Sant Joan Despí, near Barcelona.
TV3 started its trial broadcasts on 11 September 1983 (the National Day of Catalonia) but its regular broadcasts started a few months later, on 16 January 1984.
TV3 was the first television channel to broadcast only in Catalan. In 1985, TV3 expanded its coverage to Andorra, Northern Catalonia, and the Valencian Community. One year later, TV3 inaugurated its new headquarters, a 4.5-hectare facility in Sant Joan Despí, near Barcelona.
Since 1987, TV3 has broadcast a second audio channel on almost all foreign-language series and movies with the original program audio, first using the Zweikanalton system and currently using NICAM. Local series and movies are usually broadcast in NICAM stereo, although sometimes an audio narration track for blind and visually impaired viewers is provided as well.
In 1988, TV3 started a decentralization process, first broadcasting programs in the Aranese language for the Aran Valley and, one year later, opening branch offices in Tarragona, Girona, and Lleida and creating the Telenoticies Comarques, a regional news program broadcast simultaneously in four different editions, one for each of the four Catalan provinces.
During the 1992 Summer Olympics, TV3 and TVE created the Olympic Channel, a joint network to provide coverage for the Olympic Games using Canal 33's frequency.
In 2002, Televisió de Catalunya started broadcasting in the Digital terrestrial television system. It has quickly embraced technologies like the internet and mobile phones, as well as internal.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.
Due to legal reasons, the owner does not provide live streaming content on another site or at this time, live streaming content is not available. So you can visit their website to update the latest information.
We will provide streaming content when possible, regularly update the content on this site to capture the information you are interested in a timely manner.
If you find the channel that is not working properly, please visit the Official website for the TV3 channel. We are not affiliated in any way with the broadcast and not responsible for their contents. All contents are copyright of respective owners.
If you already have the player or program installed (plugin) and still do not see the signal, please click on the "Report Broken" button.