Channel 9 is a Thai free-to-air television network launched on 24 June 1955 and owned by MCOT.
The channel was originally launched as Channel 4 Bang Khum Phron (ช่อง 4 บางขุนพรหม) with test transmissions beginning on 6 September 1954 and beginning formal broadcasts on 24 June 1955. The then-new channel operated under the management of the Thai Television Company (founded 1952). The channel began to broadcast daily in 1957.
In 1974, the channel migrated from broadcasting in black-and-white at 525-lines on VHF channel 4 to a color using a 625-line system on VHF channel 9 (the second in Southeast Asia). On 3 February 1977, the Thai Television Company was dissolved and channel 9 was put under direct State administration.
On 28 June 1981, Princess Sirindhorn and King Bhumibol Adulyadej officially inaugurated the new the MCOT buildings on a 57-meters-square terrain with a television transmission, the largest in the country at the time, at 9:25 am. On 16 July 1987, channel 3 and channel 9 signed an expansion agreement. In 1992, Sangchai Sunthornwat became the director of MCOT.
On 6 November 2002, the channel was rebranded as Modernine TV. During the 2006 Thai coup d'état, the network was forced to stop broadcasting.